As part of a weekend in Malaga with friends, I made a reservation at the José Carlos Garcia restaurant, located on the city’s bay. A look back at this excellent lunch.
As a reminder, here is the itinerary followed:
The restaurant is not part of any particular concept, it is just a modern gourmet restaurant with locally sourced products.
Spaniards have a particularly fine taste when it comes to decoration and design. This restaurant will not be an exception, and the modernity of the place is very pleasant.
The advantage of this type of restaurant is that you don’t often choose what you want to eat. Here, two options are available, a lighter option and a more substantial one. We opt for the lighter version, choosing the wine pairingthat will allow us to taste local beverages.
The meal and the dishes
The whole thing was absolutely divine, from start to finish. Here are the dishes we tasted.
- Foie gras: very balanced and not disgusting
- Polvorone: Spanish specialty for Christmas, revisited in a sweet and salty version – A delight
- Liquid Olive:an iconic dish of Spanish molecular cuisine, this time lacking a little salt
- Zurrpa Blanca: a delicious jamón iberico rillettes
- Eggplant hummus: delicious in small quantities
First service of cold starters
- Sea urchins: very marine but interesting texture
- Oyster: I am not a fan of seasoned oysters but I must say that this one was perfect
- Raw shrimp: exceptional in a salty marinade
Second service of hot starters.
- Marinated Sardines: A little too creamy and iodized for my taste
- Scallops:A little too salty
- Cod with white butter: exceptional cooking
- Sole and liquid gnocchi: Lacks a little texture but tastes perfect
- Pigeon, red wine sauce, portobello mushroom : Limited portion but very fine
- Torta Alangamba: very balanced
- Beet – Yoghurt: excellent ice cream
- Light bites not nauseating
The service was ultra-attentive, just perfect. English was spoken at a good level.
We have, I think, “made the atmosphere” of the restaurant and had a good laugh during this meal. The atmosphere is otherwise rather subdued.
An excellent experience. But not cheap. In any case largely with the height of a 2 stars Michelin, hoping that this distinction is granted soon.