Cathay Pacific has announced the launch of a new business class for the second quarter of 2024. A slightly enigmatic teaser that leaves the door open to all kinds of suppositions.
With a simple message and a video on Twitter, the Hong Kong airline announced a product called Aria Suite.
The only thing we know today is the name (Aria Suite), the aircraft concerned (B777s) and the launch date (2nd quarter 2024).
The video does, however, hint at certain things.
– A 1-2-1 configuration, which will surprise no-one.
– A reverse herringbone seat, as the video suggests.
– Suites with doors, as the name suggests, leaving little room for doubt.
However, questions remain.
– Is this a business class, as many believe, a first (after all, why not), or a complete cabin concept, like Lufthansa’s Allegris?
– Who will manufacture the seat? Some see it as a Collins Aerospace, others as an Adient Ascent… the video is deliberately enigmatic enough to leave the suspense hanging and get the imagination going.
– Will this cabin be reserved for the B777, or will it just be the launch aircraft before it is found on other models in the fleet?
We’ll let you let your imagination run wild, and see you in 9 months to discuss the finished product.
Cathay Pacific launches a teaser about a mysterious product called Aria Suite, which will equip its B777s in the 2nd half of 2024. And for the moment, the rest is guesswork.
What about you? Have you ever flown on Cathay Pacific? What do you think of their product? And what do you expect from a new generation of cabins? Tell us in the comments.